House for Sale
Property ID 1902664A significant home with significant history - Stretford House, originally known as Rose Villa 1893, built by T.M Walker a founder of Roper & Walker.
The original section is full brick and contains a bedroom, sitting room and large living room all with Wunderlich ceilings and marble fire places. A newer section of cavity brick was added in the 1920s and houses two bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen has been used commercially and features a Goldstein gas stove, dishwasher and walk-in pantry.
The property features Bell cast verandahs and is set amongst landscaped gardens. A magnificent 20m x 8m x 3m galvanized shed with 2 bays and mezzanine floor provides the ultimate in storage, as well as double bay galvanized garage with rainwater tanks attached. The original maids' quarters are still in use as storage. Male and female toilets are attached, installed when previously operated as a restaurant.